Sunday, December 31, 2017

These healing hills



I have been a long time fan of Ann Gabhart, so I was pretty excited to see a book of hers up for review! I love that her characters have such strength and integrity to them. She writes them with such openness that you find yourself drawn in wanting to know more! With “These healing hills” I was absolutely hooked by the first chapter, and spent every spare moment with my nose in the book! I loved that Francine (the main character) was written in such a realistic way, she was easy to relate to, and like, without appearing too “preachy” or too “good” to be believable. I love that Gabhart writes her characters with flaws and struggles, it truly makes her books come to life! When we meet Francine we find that she’s been dropped by her long time love interest, and sets out to find herself and her future in the Appalachian mountains being trained as a midwife.
I deeply enjoyed this book, as always, Ann Gabhart wrote the characters and scenes of her novel in such a way as to make you feel like you’re right there with them. My only disappointment was that the book had to end!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments: