Sunday, December 31, 2017

the proving





I have a deep and strong love for Amish fiction, I love the simplicity portrayed in them, while at the same time seeing that even separated from the world, there are still situations that we can all relate to! In Beverly Lewis’ book “The proving”  we meet Mandy, who after having her heart broken leaves The Amish life to begin anew as an “englisher”. After receiving news of her mother’s unfortunate passing she is stunned to find that her mother has left her Amish bed and breakfast to to her, with some added stipulations. As Mandy travels back home she’s caught in between two worlds, one that it achingly familiar yet has memories of heartache, or the easy convinces of the modern world.
I truly loved this book, it was filled with the familiarity that draws me to The Amish fiction, but also has a newness to it that kept me wanting to read on.
I would highly recommend it!!



"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments: