Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Finding God in the Hard Times

Finding God in the Hard Times

I 100% loved this book, one of my very favorite worship songs is "Blessed Be Your Name" and I deeply loved this book by Matt and Beth Redman, the vulnerability that they showed sharing their lessons and stories was so inspiring. The lessons we the readers get to learn through their book are deep, life changing, and so important! My favorite source of comfort in times of pain and hurt is in the book of Psalms, so instantly I felt a strong connection to the book and the message the Redman's were giving.
I think one of the best lessons a Christian can learn is to worship God when life is hard or painful, I think our worship takes on so much more meaning when we can stand before Him broken and hurting and still say "God is a Good Father' and know that its true. I think the deepest growth in Christ we can have is during the most difficult times where we chose to lean on Him and trust Him inspite of our circumstances.
I highly recommend this book and will be purchasing some for both our library and to keep on hand to give away for hurting friends.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments: