Thursday, September 24, 2015

Not by sight

Not by Sight

Again, I have to express my love for historical fiction, and was thrilled to see it was about the white feather campaign, I had just learned about that not long ago and it was interesting to see within the book something that I had read come to life in a fiction setting!
I had read a previous book of Kate Breslin's "For such a time" and adored it, so I was thrilled to see that she was one of the authors included in Augusts review pack! She is an excellent writer, her books have a fantastic flow to them that carries out throughout the entire book. She's also great at bringing out the emotions of her characters and clearly expressing them to the reader. the pictures painted by her words made this book a joy to read.
The book is focused on Grace, a young suffragette who upon first meeting Jack (the other main character) assumed he was not doing his duty in the war and handed him a white feather of cowardice. Unknowingly to her, her actions set into motion a tumble of twists, turns, betrayals, and heartache, that would lead her down many twists and turns before truth would prevail.
In all, I though this book was fantastic and would highly recommend it to everyone!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 

No comments: