Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Talk

Cover Art

As the mom to a young teenager, I appreciate this book SO MUCH. I know the awkwardness of having to sit your child down for "the talk" and have often struggled and stumbled through it on different levels! Having the tools that Jonathan McKee provided made that situation so much easier! Also His book addressed topics that I didn't even think about discussing with my child, (topics that should be brought up, but just never occurred to me!).
As my child grows older and our "talks" grow to new topics, I believe this will be my go to book on how to address, and what to address, during these times.
I appreciate this book a lot, and while it was at times an uncomfortable read (along with uncomfortable talks, lol) it is an important topic that parents seem to just avoid quite often. I feel better having these tools at my disposal, and for knowing that my child will be well informed and prepared for adulthood is a huge relief.
If you are a parent of any child who has hit or has yet to hit the teenage years I'd highly recommend this book!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments: