Tuesday, December 02, 2014

The Brickmaker's Bride

The Brickermaker's Bride by Judith Miller

I have read a whole lot of Judith Miller's books, and have always found them to be very enjoyable, and time well spent! So I was pretty excited to see that one of her books was up for review!
Without hesitation I have to say this is one of my favorites of hers, I loved the vast differences in her characters, their lifestyles and maturity. And I love that while some were written in with  less than appealing dispositions, that she was able to find redemptive situations for some of them. Plus I really appreciated that she gave us small glimpses into the previous lives of some of the less desirable characters, that gave you a bit of an understanding of why their attitudes developed as they did. It made the story really come to life for me, and gave me a greater appreciation for the story!
Laura is the previous owners daughter with a sentimental interest in seeing the brick yard succeed, so when Hugh and his nephew Ewan purchase the brickyard, she does all she can to help them make it a success.
I really enjoyed this book, it was so well written (Which all of Miller's books are!) and kept me with my nose in the book till the very last page!

No comments: