Monday, October 06, 2014

The River

The River cover

I love Beverly Lewis' Amish books, I'm such a fan of them and I love the simplistic and kind way that Lewis writes her characters in. They're easy to get to know, and to understand. While there is some suspense and secrets in their lives, you still are able to get to know the heart of the character while reading!
In her book "the River" we meet Tilly and Ruth, who had left the Amish community for a life among the English. They're modern life is interrupted when they receive a call from one of their brothers inviting them to come to a birthday party for their father. With reservations about being back in the Amish community, the ladies head home again when they hear about the condition of their father's health. Tilly carries a guilt with her that makes being home again very difficult, and again is faced with her past regrets and pain. While Ruth faces memories of her past heartaches, and has a situation that could easily break her heart again.
Both characters were written so well, that I felt like I knew them. It was easy to get into this book and I found it a huge struggle to put down!
I would give this book my highest recommendation, as I would for any book by Beverly Lewis!

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments: