Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Pelican Bride

Cover Art
I enjoyed this book, it was well written, and I think gave a pretty good insite to what life was like for these ladies.
Genevieve and her sister travel from France to the U.S. in order to become brides to the officers and settlers in new forts in remote areas. For the girls, it was a way to escape persecution back in France and to start a new life. But as they arrive they begin to experience hardships and trials that they were never warned about.
given only a few weeks to select a groom, the girls find themselves pulled in separate directions and further apart from each other.
I did really enjoy this book, I do wish we had been able to read more about Genevieve and her sister before they boarded the ship, I think their story before we met them in the book would have been a very interesting read too! (Unless I'm missing a previous book in this series, then by all means, I'll be hunting it out, lol)

All in all, I highly recommend it!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments: