Wednesday, April 30, 2014

For such a Time

Cover Art

I love reading stories that are based in the 1930/40's, and especially books with characters who are strong and courageous in the face of opposition. So when I noticed that the book "For such a time" was based within that era, I was very excited to read it.
I have to say, it was not disappointing, this is one of the best books I've read lately. It was thought provoking, you have a S.S. Kommandant who you would automatically assume to be the enemy within the novel, but through the book you come to see and know his brokenness. And I love the main character Hadassah, she was a strong woman, I love reading books where the female characters are not simply some simpering lovesick joke, but have a strength of character and integrity.
This modern (ish) day take on the story of Esther was fantastic, I absolutely loved this book.
I highly recommend this book, to Christian and non-Christian alike, it's so through provoking and opens you up seeing so many different points of views.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from BakerBooks, a division of Baker Publishing Group". 

No comments: