Monday, March 31, 2014

Death by the Book

Cover Art

I had originally started reading Deering's books with "Rules of Murder" so as soon as I saw this one, it was instantly recognizable as one of hers! To be honest, I struggled with this book, maybe its simply that I'm not used to reading they mystery style books, but I really struggled to keep up with and follow where the story was going. For me I felt like I was having to put out a lot of effort to remember what had happened within the story so I could understand where it was going!  I didn't however dislike the book, while there were struggles, I did find myself enjoying the story. I also appreciated how Deering made her characters personalities come to life within her book.
In "Death by the Book" we again read of Drew Farthering, and the mysteries he continually gets caught up in! When a death close to home happens, Drew sets himself in to find out the killer and solve the murder. He is surrounded by intrigue, mystery and suspense, with no one being who they appeared to be.
I think those who are into the mystery genre will really enjoy this book!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments: