Saturday, February 01, 2014

The Pleasure of His company

Cover Art

I love reading the books written by Dutch Sheets, I appreciate his fearlessness and straightforwardness in talking about God, and His will for our lives. Dutch Sheets just seems to have a way with words that rings well for me, I'm easily able to understand what he's talking about (which is a pretty great accomplishment, lol, I find that many authors of this kind of genre tend to try and fluff their message with a thesaurus full of words in each sentence!). However Mr Sheets is very straightforward in what he's saying, he gives clear Biblical backing in every idea presented in his book.  I love that He's called it a journey to and intimate friendship with God, because that is exactly what this book did. It took me on a journey to know on a deeper level the love of God, and how to get beyond "life" and instead find love and faith in the arms of a loving Father!
I would more than recommend this book, and already have plans to buy a copy for my church's library as well! I think everyone, no matter where they are in their walk with God, would benefit from reading this book.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: