Saturday, February 01, 2014

The Dancing master

Cover Art

Within the first chapter, I was almost certain I wasn't going to enjoy this book, although I normally love reading books by Julie Klassen, I wasn't overly fond of most of the characters or their attitudes.
Fortunately, this opinion of mine did not last! As the book went on and as the characters developed, I began understanding the initial behavior/attitudes of the characters.
I truly did end up enjoying this book and had was quite disappoint to have finished it!
In this book we learn the story of Julia who's mother is extremely influential (in both opinion and monetary ways) within their township. Julia struggles to find herself amid her father's disdain and her mother's secrets.
When dancing master Alec Valcourt moves into the town, he's surprised to learn that there is a "ban" on dancing, and struggles to find his way (and work) in this small town. Both Alec and Julie find themselves drawn to one another, yet have family members who wish to keep them apart. With many secrets hidden within both families, Julia and Alec slowly learn more about themselves and about their faith.
Over all, I really enjoyed this book, and I would highly recommend it!!
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 


No comments: