Thursday, August 01, 2013

Surviving an Affair

Cover Art

When I got the book for review, I was a little weary about it. I haven't had to live through an affair, and wasn't sure what benefit would come of me reading the book.
However, as a PW and someone who has had friends go through this, I thought that this would be a great resource to have.
While I found that the advice and help in the book was certainly geared towards the victims and perpetrators of affairs, a lot of the advice was good solid advice that would help any marriage, no matter the circumstances.
I did find it interesting to read about why affairs begin and end, it gave some pretty great insight to what all parties are going through. Plus it gave the reader (at least to me it did) a glimpse into what we need to pray about and work on within a marriage that has not gone through adultery.
I know that this will be a valuable book to have in general, especially for my husband when he is counselling couples, but I think its a great one that will benefit all of its readers!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: