Thursday, August 01, 2013

Angels in the fire

Cover Art

I love books that are true stories that show God's hand in peoples lives in a supernatural way. It encourages me (and I'm sure other readers) that God is faithful to His children, and still intercedes in their lives!
I was looking forward to reading "Angels in the fire" Dann Stadler was a new author to me and I was looking forward to seeing what his story was all about!
I have to say, I'm very impressed with this book, the writing was very well done and the entire book had a good flow to it! (which sometimes isn't the case when reading about a true story, I find they usually are a great story that's poorly or far too simply written. I loved that this book wasn't like that!)
Within the whole book, I think that the part that encouraged me the most and spoke to me the most wasn't the initial rescue (which was an amazing story on its own) but the continuation of God's faithfulness to them throughout the months and years afterwards. I was encouraged by the fact that God continued to help them even when the "Immediate" danger was over. He didn't leave them to recover alone.
I highly recommend this book, I would even recommend it to a non-Christian reader. The story on its own is well enough written that it would be an enjoyable read, and while Stadler certainly speaks about God and shares about God, it isn't overly preachy!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments: