Thursday, August 01, 2013

A Most Peculiar Circumstance

Cover Art

I read Turano's previous book "A change of fortune" and enjoyed it immensely so I was pretty excited to be reviewing her newest one as well! For the most part I did really enjoy this book, the characters were witty and well written. There was lots of mystery and suspense throughout it that kept me reading on!
I think my one main complaint would be that at the beginning of the book the banter between the characters was a little to forced (does that make sense?) it didn't seem natural and to me felt like the author was trying too hard to establish the intelligence and wit of the two main characters. However that feeling dissipated within a chapter or so, and I did very much enjoy the entire book! I love that it was a continuation from her last book, and enjoyed catching up on some of the characters we'd come to know!
In this book we focus on Zayne and Harrison's sister Arabella, and her penchant for trouble as she seeks to help out those less fortunate while she also fights for the rights of women.
I enjoyed this character, I like that she wasn't a simpering wimpy female, but that she was strong and independent. Its not often that you find that in a historical romance!
All in all, I would highly recommend this book! An excellent read!


 "Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: