Monday, June 24, 2013

The Quarryman's Bride

Cover Art

I love Tracie Peterson's books, I've been a big fan of hers throughout the years, so I was pretty stoked to see another of her's up fro review (and especially when I realized that it was a continuation of the Land of shining water series!!)
True to Peterson's style of writing, the characters came alive within the story. We run though a gauntlet of emotions with Emmalyne's triumphs and heart aches. One of the ways I see a book as a "great book" is when the author can show me an initial character that I find unlikeable, and by the end of the book, once their background story is known and their heart is known, I find myself softened and more understanding towards them. This book has all of those features, we go through heartache, journeys of strength, triumphs and fears with Emmalyne, and emerge from the end of the book wanting more!
I would 100% recommend this book, it was fantastic and has earned itself a position on my favorite (and most picked through) bookshelf!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: