Wednesday, May 29, 2013

When Love Calls

Cover Art

I've read a few of Lorna Seilstad's books now (Making waves, A great catch, etc...) and one thing I've learned is that despite how the books look, these stories are anything but a typical romance/love story. I truly have enjoyed how Seilstad writes her lead female characters as strong women, not as silly smitten girls. With stories set in an age when women were thought very little of, its always refreshing to see a strong female!
First of all, I have to say I'm thrilled that this is a series, and that we'll get to read more about Hannah's sisters as well. The characters were so well written and likable that I was disappointed to have finished the book as quickly as I did, and cannot wait for the rest of the series to come out!
With Hannah having to gain employment to support her family, we follow her through her journey to not only "learn the ropes" in regards to her job, but we see too her struggle to follow her heart, while knowing how important her roll as provider for the family is.
I was really impressed with and very much enjoyed  this book, It will be a very well read addition to my bookshelf!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: