Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sweet Mercy

Cover Art

I'm not a big fan of romances, I tend to stay away from them at all costs. So I was a bit weary about this book, I've read and loved a couple of Tatlock's books ("A promise to keep" was a big favorite of mine) so I figured this one would be along those lines, (and it was).
The story is a love story, but there is so much to learn outside of that focus of the book.  With all the characters we meet, Marus, Link, Jones, etc... we learn valuable lessons about not passing judgement by first glance. And there is a strong lesson in the book to let go of bitterness and grudges, as well.
This book was a joy to read, I struggled to stay away from it until the very last page.
Eve Marryat is an easy character for the reader to identify with, and as she learns about those around her, we (the readers) learn some valuable lessons too. This book was great for teaching grace and mercy, (as well as honesty) but without coming across as preachy. I highly recommend this book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments: