Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Adoring Addie

Cover Art

I very much enjoyed this book, (I'm quickly becoming a rather big fan of Leslie Gould!) Amish stories/fiction are one of my favorite genre's to read, so I was looking forward quite a bit to getting my hands on this! It did not disappoint, par for the course, Gould's book was witty, heartwarming (without being corny!) and full of wit and suspense!
One thing about authors that I appreciate a lot, is when they write a character into their book, who right away is disliked by their readers (in this instance, Addie's brother) and by the end of the novel they've found a way to make that character's story tie in to your heart too.
I enjoyed this book, (Although I would have loved to have read more about Johnathan and his background!) the characters were realistic, and their behavior and the results/conclusion of the story was realistic as well.
In the story, we read about Addie Cramer who's family is in a "Feud" with the Mosiers. Addie didn't concern herself with it too much until she happened to meet (and fall in love with) Johnathan Mosiers. The story is filled with deceit and opposition, but true to form, goodness shines through and love covers the multitude of sins!
I highly recommend this book!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments: