Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What a son needs from his mom

What a Son Needs From His Mom  -     
        By: Cheri Fuller

To be honest, as a mom, at times I feel like a duck out of water when I look at the task of raising my son. I don't have the bond that him and his dad have. I don't understand what it's like to be a boy growing up and I don't understand the struggles that are unique to his gender. Most of the time I make the best guess I can and pray like crazy it was a good one! This book opened a world to me, for the first time I feel like I have an insight, a hold on what I can do to help my son become a God fearing, caring, and compassionate man. I also don't any longer feel that sense of dis-attachment that comes from not fully understanding this male child of mine! Out of everything in this book, I think my favorite was that Fuller gave an age by age set of advice, so it was easy to see where I am and what I can do with my child. There was so much I learned from this book, and so much that I'm learning still. I 100% recommend this book to any mom of a boy out there, there is some great insight and some wonderful advice in this book that will help you become the mom that your son needs!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: