Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Gate

The Gate  -     
        By: Dann A. Stouten

This book reminded me so much of "the five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom, except it was so much more Biblical, and I liked it so much more! For a fiction, this book has taught me so much more about the heart of God than many of the the devotionals I've read.
There were so many times that as I was reading through the journey Sky went on in this book that I would run over to read sections to my husband. I loved the description and imagery of looking at Good and evil (and your new self/old sinful self) with the feeding of two dogs. I've found even in my everyday walk with God, that it's effected what I've allowed myself to be involved in. (I'm constantly reminding myself, "Don't feed the black dog" when I'm tempted to fall into old habits!!)
At the end of this book, I have to say I so badly wanted this to be a true story and not just a novel! I love this book, it is going to be a well read and well loved member of my personal library. And I highly recommend it for the church libraries out there. Amazing book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: