Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sweet Santuary

Sweet Sanctuary  -     
        By: Kim Vogel Sawyer

Kim Vogel Sawyer has been one of my very favorite authors for a while now, I love her books, they're heart warming, thought provoking and have a strong faith throughout them!
In the book "Sweet Sanctuary We meet Lydia, a woman trying her hardest to protect the son she loves. As an adoptive mom, I was able to relate quite strongly to the main character, and her fear of having her child taken. This is one of those stories that are so good and so through provoking, yet so hard to read. (this book reminded me a lot of "Like Dandelion dust" by Karen Kingsbury. There was a lot of strength and fear related to the main characters, yet we could see their choice to trust in God while in the midst of the trial)
I enjoyed this book, it took me through my own set of struggles and uncertainties that I have and the author made the reader feel like they could understand what struggles an adoptive parent faces at times.
I will always recommend Sawyer's books, but I also highly recommend this book in particular, especially to those who have adopted. This book almost has a sense of kinship about it, that enhances the story so much!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: