Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Love at any cost

Love at Any Cost, The Heart of San Francisco Series #1   -     
        By: Julie Lessman

To be perfectly honest, the description of the book left me feeling like I was not going to enjoy reading this at all. It seemed to be a stereotypical western romance that drives me crazy (and not in a good way!)
Fortunately it turns out that I make far too swift judgments of books! While I did at first find myself rolling my eyes and not liking the story as much, very quickly the characters started growing on me. Lessman did a fantastic job of tying her readers in emotionally to the main character Cassidy. It was easy to emphasize and sympathize with Cassidy, and to understand her struggles and heartache.  I have to say I was also not a huge fan of the male lead character Jamie at first, I didn't much care for him. But as the story went on and we were given more of his back story and his motivation/drive, I found myself liking him more.
In all, its not the typical book I enjoy, but I did find myself like this book quite a bit.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: