Monday, January 28, 2013

Cut Your Grocery Bill In Half



I have to say, I wasn't a 100% impressed with this book, I was really prepared to like this, and lean alot from this couple. However I found that most advice was a lot of common sense, or advice seen on a lot of the debt-help shows. Plus, as a Canadian, I didn't feel like a lot of what was suggested would work for us anyway (we don't have the same types of sales, etc...). So while there was a lot of good advice in the book, to me it was something that either I'd already heard/read, or would have figured out on my own.
I liked some of the suggestions, but other ones struck me as unrealistic, or not something you'd want to do (such as freezing your milk, I always find that my milk tastes different, and not in a good way!) But I did really appreciate all the recipes they provided, I'm always happy to learn to make something new in the kitchen. Especially when the recipes were so budget friendly!!
The book was however well written and in an easy to read format, so it wasn't a struggle to get through. So I'd still recommend this to people, but would say its more for an American family rather than a Canadian.


No comments: