Monday, November 19, 2012

Dear Deb

Dear Deb : A Woman with Cancer, a Friend with Secrets, and the Letters That Became Their Miracle, Margaret Terry

I generally don't like to read books (even the ones that are supposed to encourage and inspire the reader) that deal with the topic of cancer. I find them horribly depressing, and instead most seem to serve as a reminder of who we've lost, or those we know who are facing the cancer battle now.
With that said, I did start this book with a lot of trepidation  I wasn't expecting or planning to like the book at all, I was simply just wanting to quickly get through it and give it a proper and honest review.
However while there were parts that lived up to the expectations I had regarding it bringing up reminders of who we've lost, there was so much more in it that served as an inspiration and almost a comfort.
I loved the letter and the story that dealt with the Scripture verse Luke 1:37, I love how God takes a subtle moment, (even when fought against) to remind that He can do the impossible. Its a simple yet amazing reminder of God's love for us, and His power to touch His people.
I do recommend this book, at times its a hard emotional read, but in the end its worth it.

No comments: