Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Bridesmaid

Bridesmaid, The, Beverly Lewis, 978-0-7642-0978-9

I'm a big fan of Beverly Lewis, I really love the Amish themed books that she writes, and I especially love when she intermingles characters from previous books she's written.
This book was fantastic, true to her style, Lewis takes us on a journey with Joanna Kurtz, as she struggles with a passion towards writing, and staying within the orders of the Bishop and laws of the church. When she  has a chance meeting with a young Amish man from another colony she tries hard to grasp to the faith that God will work things out for their good.
I really enjoyed reading this book, the story hooked me straight to the end. The characters were so well written that I found myself at times feeling angry towards the ones in the book that were behaving poorly!
I'm very excited to continue on in this series and see where the lives of the other characters are taken!
Highly recommend!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
 

No comments: