Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Deposit Slip

Deposit Slip, The, Todd M. Johnson, 978-0-7642-0986-4

I adored this book, it was very fast paced with plenty of twists and turns to it that kept me interested throughout the entire book. I really enjoy a good legal suspense novel and this one fit well into what I was expecting. (It very much reminded me of a Randy Singer type book, it had the same flow and readability)
At first glance the book looked like a typical legal drama type book, and I had figured it would have a few predictable twists and turns throughout it. But that idea was quickly dispelled and the story pulled me in! The book is based around Erin Larson, who discovers a deposit slip for 10 million dollars in her (deceased) father's deposit box. After fights with the bank, and losing her previous lawyer to legal threats, she turns to Jared Neaton as a last chance to find out where the money is and where it's come from.
The book had a quick paced flow to it, and I found myself struggling to put it down from the very first page. I will highly recommend this book, and will be seeking out any new ones by this author as well!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
  



No comments: