Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rare Earth

Rare Earth, Davis Bunn, 978-0-7642-0906-2

I read "Lion of Babylon" by this author and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was (I had figured this would be more of a guy's kind of book, full of fights and action, but little on suspense and thoughtfulness. This was not the case, it was a great book, one I've read over and over again). So I was more than happy to read another book by this author! I have to say that I was quite happy to see that this book was just as good if not better than the last.
The book focuses around Marc Royce who we met in Bunn's first book (Lion of Babylon) as he goes into Kenya to audit a relief organization. Using this as a cover he looks into the minerals (called rare earths) that are raising political tension to an extreme amount. As he sends his reports back to Washington Royce also takes the risk to do something about the squalor and utter chaos that surrounds the communities involved. One thing I absolutely love about this book (and the first one) was that Bunn wrote his character with so much integrity and kindness. While he (Royce) is not afraid to get into the muck and fight, he's also a man of his word, and a man of faith and action. I really enjoyed this book and because it does have those "manly" elements in it I'm happy too to be able to pass it along to my husband who I know will also enjoy it!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
  





No comments: