Friday, June 29, 2012

The Way: New Living Translation

The Way, Softcover

One of my favorite things is to receive a Bible for review, I love reading the different versions out there and reading the different study guides/devotionals in them. I find that I'm able to get a deeper understanding of God's Word when I can look up what it says in all the different versions.
One of the things I very much like about this Bible is the modern/youthful look to the Bible, and that the devotionals seem to be geared towards a younger generation. I think with both the look to the Bible and the devotionals in it, it'll attract more of a younger reader (I would think a Youth/Young adult would be drawn to something like this)
Also I appreciate the language of both the Scripture and the devotionals. It's straight forward and to the point. The book intros are simple introductions to the books without any build up or religious jargon. It simply presents the info about the book in a not forceful/intimidating way. The same goes for the devotionals, they focus on today's kind of problems and situations and have a more "authentic" feel to them. They writers of the devotions aren't trying to impress you with flowery words or religious speak, but are simply trying to help the readers develop a deeper relationship with Christ.
I highly recommend this book (in fact, I like it so much I'm recommending it to our church as a type of Bible we could give away to visitors that are without one)

"Advanced Reader's Copy of the Bible has been provided courtesy of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Tyndale House Publishers, Inc
".

No comments: