Friday, June 29, 2012

Touching the Sky

Touching the Sky, Tracie Peterson, 978-0-7642-0616-0

One of my absolute favorite things is receiving review books that are part of a series, I love the continuation of these stories and recognizing different characters or situations/areas! I'm a huge fan of historical fiction, I love reading about history, and love to get lost in a good historical story! I also love reading about the rich history and strong conflicts of the civil war era, at a time that has so much turmoil and passion, its hard not to be intrigued with it!
Again, (and this seems to be a theme with all the review books lately!) the author here (Tracie Peterson, who I love reading books from, I've been a long time fan of hers!!) portrayed the female lead as a strong intelligent woman (and although there were some rather flaky characters, they did fit into the times that the book was written about. In an era where women were not supposed to have a thought outside of their home, and family) So I really did enjoy reading this!
There was plenty of suspense throughout the book and and was written so well that at time I'd find myself getting angry at the "bad guys" type characters in it!
I highly recommend this book! Excellent book and an excellent series too!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
  

No comments: