Thursday, May 31, 2012

My stubborn heart

My Stubborn Heart, Becky Wade, 978-0-7642-0974-1

I'm honestly kind of torn about this book, on one hand I greatly dislike corny romance novels, and this easily fits into that category, so at the beginning of the book I was rather turned off. However, this author is hilarious, and she has such great timing when it comes to putting humor in her book, that I found myself enjoying this book in spite of it being a typical romance novel!
The story is basically focusing on Kate a social worker who's a bit disillusioned at her job, and Matt a former NHL hockey player who quit playing when he lost his wife. The two meet and fall hard for each other, but fight against it to try and stop the hurt that they've previously felt from coming back.
If you're into romance books I can easily see someone enjoying this immensely, it was a well written book. And for those of us who aren't into it, although there are some eye-rolling moments, it was still a really funny book and one that I'm glad I read!
I'd recommend this one to a least a few of you out there!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments: