Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dream

Dream, Dutch Sheets, 978-0-7642-0947-5

I was Thrilled at finding out that we were reviewing a book by Dutch Sheets, I absolutely love many of his books and have a really high respect for him. And true to form, this book was incredibly thought provoking and full of challenges and encouragement! One thing I really enjoy about Dutch Sheets is that his books challenge the reader without trying to guilt them into living by the letter of the book. His style is straight forward and very easy to apply to one's life!
I think the older we get we tend to lose sight of our dreams, or begin to find discouragement of them becoming fulfilled. We tend to let life pass us by when we need to be reaching out for what God has in store for us. I loved the message in this book, that God has plans for us and when we stop seeking earthly approval and start setting our sights on God's approval that, that is when are dreams start coming to light! This book was such a strong encouragement to me, I loved reading the stories in it that gave practical application to what he wrote about. I love it when authors include real life examples to help explain what they've written. It makes things seem more realistic and reachable to me!
I highly recommend this book, and will be buying a copy for our church's library!
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments: