Monday, April 30, 2012

Prophet

Prophet, R. J. Larson, 978-0-7642-0971-0

Without a doubt, this is one of the best books I've had the privilege of reading! I'm always a fan of any book (fiction or non-fiction) that allows a female main character be have strength of character and courage. It was also heartening to see that the main character (Ela) was also both obedient unto the Lord and was so filled with faith that she journeyed forth even when faced with certain death. As I read the book all I could think of was that I want to have faith like that, I want to have obedience like that!
Ela of Parne was called  out of her home town to become the Lord's prophet (even in spite of her being the very first female prophet to come out of Parne) She didn't hesitate to respond with a yes to the call of the Lord. As she faces many dangerous journeys we see her faith grow as the Lord time and time again comes through for her and shows her that He is in control.
I love this book, its going to be a very well read addition to my bookshelf!
I would highly recommend this book to anyone!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: