Monday, April 30, 2012

The Fiddler

Fiddler, The, Beverly Lewis, 978-0-7642-0977-2
I LOVED this book, I'm a big Beverly Lewis fan and although this book seems quite different from her usual books, I found it hard to put down!
I love Amish books, I love reading about the simple culture and the importance they put on God and on family, so I was very excited to read this latest book by Lewis!
The book is mostly centered around Amelia, (also known as Amy Lee) who is a classical concert violinist, but who loves fiddling, and the country scene. As she struggles to meet the demands of her family, agent, and boyfriend Amelia starts finding herself at a loss as to what she would like. On her way home from a fiddling contest she becomes lost in the mountains and stumbles upon a mall cabin that a young Amish man named Michael was living in. After Michael had a falling out with his parents, he flee'd to the cabin for solice and didn't imagine that he would meet someone so life changing!
This was a fantastic book, it was riveting, and heartfelt, the characters were easy to identify with and had a lot of depth!
I highly recommend this book, it was one of the best one's I've read by Beverly Lewis!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".


No comments: