Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Words Spoken True

Words Spoken True, Ann H. Gabhart, 978-0-8007-2045-2

I've read a few of Ann H. Gabhart's books (mostly the books about the Shakers) and immensely enjoyed them so when I saw this new book I was eager to read it! And honestly, I think this is one of her best books yet (right up there with Angel Sister, which was an absolutely amazing book), I loved this book and absolutely loved all the history it contained! The political turmoil of the time was captured perfectly in this book! One of the things I like the most about a good fiction book is that it gives you an opportunity to either learn something new, or gain a new perspective while being entertained. This book gave you plenty of opportunities! It was well written and had such great movement to it that I struggled to put it down. So much was going on and there was so much suspense that I found myself saying "one more page" or "one more chapter" till about 1am! This was a great book, and one I'll be holding onto indefinitely.
There are just not enough good things I can say about this book, its one of those ones I'm going to not only recommend to others, but insist that they read it!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".
  

No comments: