Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Sweeter than Birdsong



I love historical novels, especially when they are based on a real life person (like Ben Hanby) so I was beyond excited to read this book! This is my first time reading a book by Rosslyn Elliott, and I will definitely be seeking out any future books of hers, this book was so good!
The story is mainly about Kate Winter, and her life with an over-controlling mother and a drunk father. As she dreams of escaping this life to a new one she is suddenly thrust into a new world where she becomes the rescuer and in turns finds a passion she didn't know she had.
This book was quite well written, and though it was also a romance, it didn't have the typical mushiness in it. It was adventurous and full of suspense. I truly enjoyed reading this book and will definitely be recommending it!

No comments: