Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chasing Mona Lisa

Chasing Mona Lisa, Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey, 978-0-8007-2046-9

I love 1940's type fiction and I've loved other books I've read by Tricia Goyer (This is my first time reading a Mike Yorkey book though) so I had high expectations for this book and was glad to see that they were met and exceeded!
The book starts with the beginning of the end for the nazi army and their retreat away from the armies that have come to liberate the prisoners and victims of the nazi regime. During their retreat the nazi army goes through the countryside stealing priceless works of art that they hope to use to make deals with after the war. a group of three Swiss agents step in to try and stop the nazi's from stealing one of the most famous paintings, the Mona Lisa. As they get closer to rescuing the famous painting they find themselves in more and more dangerous positions.
This was a great book, very much an "edge of your seat" type book that really kept my attention throughout the entire story. I really enjoyed the book and appreciated that the authors kept to the historical/factual details of that time period.
This is one book that I highly recommend.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: