Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Real Marriage

Real Marriage

Generally I don't enjoy marriage books, I find them to mostly skirt around the important questions and instead give a few corny suggestions that sound like they're straight from your grandmother. However, I do very much like reading and hearing Mark Driscoll, I've enjoyed many of the articles he's written (although this is the first book by him that I've read). He has a very straightforward and to the point way of speaking that I appreciate, and he doesn't shy away like so many other Christian leaders have done when faced with the hard stances. I don't always 100% agree with every bit of doctrine that Driscoll has, but as a general rule, most of what he says does follow in line with what I believe.
So I was actually looking forward to reading this book, and it didn't disappoint. Written by Mark and Grace Driscoll, they kind of get into the real bottom line of a Biblical marriage, even going so far as to answer the questions that most Christians are too embarrassed to ask. I appreciated the vulnerability they showed throughout the book as well, giving personal examples of their own struggles and what got them through it. Throughout the book the Driscoll's gave Biblical background for the opinions and doctrine they shared regarding marriage. It was well written, easy to read, and an interesting read as well.
I think if I had any complaints at all (and really I don't) it would be that I would have liked to have seen more by Grace Driscoll in the book, I really enjoyed what she had to say.

No comments: