Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Maid of Fairbourne Hall

Maid of Fairbourne Hall, The, Julie Klassen, 978-0-7642-0709-9
I am a huge fan of Julie Klassen, when I first read her book "Girl at the gatehouse" I fell in love with her writing style and characters. Her characters really have a depth to them, and it makes the stories seem so much more fulfilling. I think after reading "Silent Governess" I was completely hooked. Whenever we're in stores I'm constantly on the look out for books by Julie Klassen, they're always guaranteed to be a fantastic read!
"The maid of Fairbourne Hall" Is mostly focused around Margaret Macy. After her mother remarries Margaret is faced with a scheming stepfather and his equally scheming and dishonorable nephew.
After many attempts to push Margaret into marrying Marcus (the scheming nephew) and after Margaret overhears a plan regarding her and her immediate future she feels that she has no choice but to leave her home.
Under the guise of a maid, Margaret finds herself unknowingly in the employment of a former suitor, as she struggles to keep her identity hidden she is continually faced with challenges. From learning how to act and do the job of a maid, to trying to stay out of sight of her stepfathers many spies.
This book was great, very suspenseful and full of intrigue, the Characters were well developed and each had their own distinct personality! I highly Highly recommend not only this book, but any book by Julie Klassen!

  "Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group". 

1 comment:

UK said...

This book was very infomative and moved along very well. There was always something happening to make me want to keep reading. I have read all of Julie Klassen's books and this one, I feel, is the best so far. Great read!!!