Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Names of God Bible

Names of God Bible, The, Ann Spangler, 978-0-8007-1931-9

I am absolutely in love with this Bible, it has now replaced my regular Bible as the one I use for both my personal devotions and Church! I love that it uses the original names (From both Greek and Hebrew) and also gives the meaning of the names of God! I'm finding that I'm garnering so much more insight from my devotions simply because of them using the original distinct names of God in the different passages! I love seeing how the Bible passages open up a new level of understanding when we're seeing the original name of God used. It gives such depth to what we're reading! Plus I also love the "devotionals" (not necessarily your standard devotional, but more like a lesson on God's different names!)
For the past while now I've been on a big kick to learn the different names of God and where in Scripture they're originally used. I had a hard time finding good resources for this. So I was beyond happy to have reviewed this Bible, the language is clear and easy to understand. There are just so many great things about this Bible! I highly recommend it!

"Bible has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".  

2 comments:

Moosler said...

Thanks for the review. I went to CBD and ordered it just now!

Tracy! said...

You are going to love it, its my favorite Bible now!!