Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wonderland Creek

Wonderland Creek, Lynn Austin, 978-0-7642-0498-2
I adored this book, it had absolutely everything in it that I love reading about. I love reading about strong female characters and reading a story with a good adventure. (Especially if its in a unusual circumstance.)
Again, Lynn Austin is one of the authors that I enjoy reading, her books are just the type of story that really hits home with me!
The lead character in this book is Alice Ripley, a laid off librarian who unwittingly takes the trip of a lifetime when she decides to volunteer to drop off donated books to a poor mining town in Kentucky. As she arrives she finds that nothing is how she expected it, from the librarian to the rest of the town. Having to stay for at least a few weeks she tries to make the best of the situation. However when the librarian is shot, she is forced to take on way more responsibility then she was prepared too, along with the care of an elderly woman.
This book was fantastic, it was full of adventure and intrigue, I think my only complaint would be that it ended way too soon! I so wanted to read more about the characters in the book!!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favorite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments: