Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Remembering Christmas

Remembering Christmas, Dan Walsh, 978-0-8007-1979-1

I don't think I can even begin to describe how much I truly enjoy and love the books that Dan Walsh writes. I make it a point when I visit book stores to keep a look out for his books, they're just that good!!
And this book doesn't disappoint either, it was fantastic! It was a bit unusual for a Christmas book in the way that it doesn't start out with your typical settings or characters (but that however is one of the reasons I love his books!!)
The main character is Rick Denten who is "forced" to return home when his step-father is rushed to the hospital with a stroke. His mother needs someone to run the family store, and Rick is the only one she is able to turn too. Rick is a lawyer for a large and growing firm, and while he grew up with some church upbringing, he's walked away from that (in a way) for the temptation of power and wealth.
There are so many twists and turns in this book, nothing is what you'd expect from a Christmas novel! I highly recommend this book!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".  

No comments: