Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Behind the veils of Yemen

Behind the Veils of Yemen, Audra Grace Shelby, 978-0-8007-9518-4 This book was so different from what I had expected! I had expected Shelby's story to be typical of other missionary biographies, which seem to me are full of exaggerated accomplishments and share absolutely none of their struggles (other than the once in a while mundane worry, but nothing life effecting!)
I'm so glad that I was given a chance to read this book and that it held none of what I had expected it to hold! Shelby's story wasn't just about what she accomplished while in Yemen, but shared her struggles, (Physical and mental), sometimes her crises of faith, and just the daily struggle it was to walk in faith in a land that punishes that faith!
I really liked this book, it wasn't typical of the missionary biographies you see out there, it not only encouraged others in their faith, shared with them in their struggles, but it also really painted a strong picture of the "humanness" of missionaries.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Chosen, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: