Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Amish values for Your family

Amish Values for Your Family, Suzanne Woods Fisher, 978-0-8007-1996-8I love reading about the Amish, so I figured I would really enjoy a book that shows us what we can learn from their simple lifestyle!
I very much respect the way that the Amish raise their children, it isn't often you hear of Amish children getting into too much trouble. I enjoyed reading about how much they value their family time, not just the quantity of it, but also the quality as well! One thing I really appreciate was how they are determined to follow God and place that example before their kids. By being so determined to follow what they believe is the lifestyle God has for them, they are setting a great example of faith, integrity and hard work for their children.
There was so much in the book that is easily adaptable into the general population (the non-Amish)
There were some great ideas and concepts presented that while they should be common sense, it seems like too many overlook them. (Like spending time with your children. If your not spending time with them and helping mould them, then someone else will!)
Great book that I highly recommend!!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: