Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Blessed

Blessed, The, Ann H. Gabhart, 978-0-8007-3454-1

I'd previously read the book "The Seeker" By Ann Gabhart and very much enjoyed it, so I was thrilled to receive another book written by her! I've found (From the few books of her's that I've read) that her books not only are an interesting story but there is so much to learn in them! (I love not only enjoying a good read, but to also walk away knowing something new!)
The blessed focuses around Lacey and the circumstances she faces when she's first forced into a marriage she doesn't want, and then made live in a shaker village as well. As she struggles to not only live by the many rules imposed on her, she is also dealing with the heartbreak of being separated from a child that is in many ways her own.
The book was so well written, I read the entire thing in one sitting  once I picked it up I just couldn't put it down!
This is so typical of Gabhart's books, I am definitely a fan of hers! Highly recommend it!

No comments: