Friday, June 17, 2011

Heaven is for real

Book: What I Learned from a Simple Blessing





If you haven't read this book, you NEED to pick up a copy! I had heard quite a bit about the book from others, but was kind of still hesitant about reading it. Usually the books that I have read that involve parents speaking about their child's spirituality come across as very arrogant and self righteous. I am happy to say though that this book is none of those things! What a boost it gave to my faith! There were so many different things that I read in the book that absolutely blew me away. (I don't want to give away what's in the book, but seriously, go pick up a copy.) This is one of those books that I'll not only be recommending to basically everyone I meet, but I'll be re-reading it repeatedly.
The book basically focuses on a young boy named Colton who during an emergency surgery spends some time in heaven. We hear about how Heaven looks through the eyes of a child (and how what he {Colton} saw and said lined up with scripture). Honestly, this is a life changing book, you need to pick up a copy. I cannot think of another book that affected me as much as this one.
 It was an absolutely wonderful read, a good flow, and while from a child's point of view was very intelligent. A must read!!

No comments: