Monday, May 16, 2011

Unsinkable: A Young Woman's Courageous Battle on the High Seas





I'm a bit on the fence with this book, on one hand, I love the story and drama surrounding Abby Sunderland and her struggle to and perseverance to survive. I think its a great lesson for so many people, but especially one that I'd love to share with my son! I love her faith, and how often it's expressed throughout the book, and in that view, I really did enjoy this book. However, I found it such a struggle to keep up with all the terms and to understand most of what she was doing (boat-wise). For someone who is incredibly unfamiliar with boats and sailing this book was a bit of a struggle to get through!
All in all though, once I was able to kind of put aside and pick up on some of what was talked about in the book I did really start to enjoy reading it.
This is one of those books that I would probably give to some of our youth, I think it's a great message that regardless of age, nothing is impossible with God!


"Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson".

No comments: