Sunday, May 29, 2011

An unlikely Suitor

Unlikely Suitor, An, Nancy Moser, 978-0-7642-0752-5


To be honest, I was pretty excited to read this book, I love anything that fits within the "historical fiction" category so I had some great expectations of this book! Like I mention quite often, I'm not a huge romance reader, a lot of those types of books seem to be just a little to corny and gushy for my tastes. And while there were some "romantic" twists in the plot, the book was definitely more than that!
At first I found myself really disliking the main character Lucy Scarpelli, I found her to be rather bossy and almost smug. However, even with that initial dislike, I was still loving the book, and by the end of it I very much enjoyed reading about each of the characters!
Basically the story centers mostly around Lucy Carpelli who befriends a slightly handicapped socialite named Rowena. With this friendship comes many new life experiences for Lucy and her family. I enjoyed reading about the girls' struggle to be friends while still remaining in their separate and distinct social classes.
This was a pretty fantastic book, and I'll be adding this author to my lists of favorites!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: