Sunday, May 29, 2011

Amish Prayers

Amish Prayers, Beverly Lewis, 978-0-7642-0882-9


I love this book, and without trying to sound flippant, I find it utterly adorable. we took a trip recently and spent a lot of time on the road, so I had an arsenal of books to entertain me, and this one was included in the group! Its a nice small size, so it was easy to pack and take with me, but it was also pretty sturdy which was nice!!
Honestly, I didn't much expect to get anything out of reading the book, I figured it would be rather mundane prayers and simple doctrine. But truly, this book has really impacted my prayer life and the way I try to live my life! (I have no plans to turn Amish, but do love many of their attitudes towards others). While the language of the prayers is fairly simple, the idea's behind them and hugely meaningful and very insightful. Really I would fully recommend this book to everyone, it's insightful, simple and easily applicable!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.


Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments: