Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Voyage with the Vikings

When I saw this book was up for review (From Tyndale Media Center) I excitedly signed up to review it!  My son (who is nine) loves the Odyssey audio series and is just getting into reading chapter books. So this book was perfect for him!
He and I read it together and immensely enjoyed the story, it was filled with enough action and suspense that it really held his attention throughout the entire book! Also I appreciated how the book included actual historic references, it made for a much more interesting read when I informed my son that some of the characters in the story were real life people. He (my son) now is reading anything he can find to learn about vikings, the book sparked such a big interested in him to learn all he can about the Viking era. I think that's one of my favorite things about this book, that it really encouraged him to learn more. I also LOVE the website, and how he can get more into the books through there!

No comments: